Welcome

...one woman's decision impacts her family's diet....how long can they last without a trip through the drive-thru?

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Break-Up

Dear Fast Food,
     I've started this letter a dozen times, and can't think of any other way to say this...I'm leaving you.
     I will always cherish the artery clogging times we shared, like those many midnight burrito runs. Or the time I ate an entire bucket of fries because the fries were 'to die for'. But when it comes down to it, your food isn't worth dying over. I deserve better. I deserve food that will actually fuel my body the way it's supposed to be fueled. I should never again eat a whole days worth of calories in a single meal.
     This is going to be hard. I really wish I could say "It's not you, it's me" but, it really is you. The fat, the calories, the grease soaking through the bottom of the paper bag. It's all just too much for me, and I know you will never change.
     I've moved on Fast Food. No more golden arches, cow promoted chicken, or crunchy cheesy melted tacos. You can tempt me all you want, but I'm done! Take your shakes, fries and tasty temptations, I don't need them anymore!
     Good bye Fast Food.
     Signed,
     Karen

4 comments:

  1. Better tasting, almost as fast, and Healthy for you is Homade Gourmet. My consultants name is Lisa Jensen. hg.lisajensen@yahoo.com you should contact her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade Gourmet has a cool concept but is quite pricey. You might benefit from trying them or one of the other similar concepts. Then you can modify them to do it on your own. The pre-made meal ideas where you throw everything in the bag and freeze it. You make several meals at a time so that they are easy to prepare when you need them. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the letter by the way! I need to do the same thing soon. I've cut out most of the fast food locations but I eat out often. Its getting expensive and is not healthy. =/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your input! Part of this project is that I will be cooking using healthy ingredients that are grown or produced locally. I will be coming up with some "make ahead meals", but for the most part everything is going to be as fresh and organic as possible.

    ReplyDelete

All opinions are appreciated, but please do not use foul language or derogatory remarks when responding to posts or comments by other readers. And please, if you are selling something...hock your wares elsewhere! Thanks!