Welcome

...one woman's decision impacts her family's diet....how long can they last without a trip through the drive-thru?

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 1 (v.2.0): BBQ Chicken Salad...Revisited

I had fast food at lunch...I know, I know...but I spent two days away from home at a work related conference (it was GREAT!) and completely over-indulged in some absolutely amazing food. Including lunches that started with salads, then graduated to filling main dishes and finished off with an amazing desert. I got home late last night and didn't sleep very well, so...too tired me rolled out of bed this morning, got ready for work, then ran out the door without grabbing lunch. The baby was sleeping so the hubby couldn't bring me anything, and with gas prices going you know where I wasn't about to drive anywhere. Luckily, or unluckily, for me there is a fast food mexican place located at the gas station at my work. They have some pretty yumm-licious food there and I have to say that I was thrilled to indulge in a couple of shredded beef tacos. I walked to pick up my food, and enjoyed the nice weather on my stroll back to the office which helped lower the guilt level a smidgen.

After a couple of days of over eating and today's not so healthy lunch, my body was practically crying out for something healthy. So, we are re-visiting Day 4 of my blog from back in October (follow this link for the recipe and reviews: http://bit.ly/hNXaBr#).

Another bonus? The hubby cooked! He cut the chicken into chunks and didn't shred it, but it was still amazingly good! Kudos to my amazing husband, I am one lucky working mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All opinions are appreciated, but please do not use foul language or derogatory remarks when responding to posts or comments by other readers. And please, if you are selling something...hock your wares elsewhere! Thanks!